The Direct Selling Association (Russia) (DSA) is the national trade association of the leading firms that manufacture and distribute goods and services sold directly to consumers. The Association's mission is "To protect, serve and promote the effectiveness of member companies and the independent business people they represent. To ensure that the marketing by member companies of products and/or the direct sales opportunity is conducted with the highest level of business ethics and service to consumers."
The cornerstone of the Association's commitment to ethical business practices and consumer service is its Code of Ethics. Every member company pledges to abide by the Code's standards and procedures as a condition of admission and continuing membership in the Association.
- To promote and protect the direct selling industry, its ideals and opportunities within the Russian community
- To encourage all persons involved in direct selling to observe the highest standards of integrity and responsibility in their trading activities
- To establish and maintain the DSA Code of Ethics as the trading standard for the direct selling industry in Russia
- To provide a forum for Members to develop and expand their businesses
- To present the views of Members to government, consumer and community organizations and to the public in general
- To co-operate with consumer protection authorities, consumer organizations and other industry associations to maintain these objectives.
- To provide an environment of operational freedom for direct selling within the community
- To promote and protect the independent status of the direct sales distributors.
President of the DSA (Russia) is Tamara Shokareva, Ph.D., Executive Director, Mary Kay ZAO.
The DSA (Russia) is affiliated to the World Federation of Direct Selling Associations (WFDSA) and the European Direct Selling Association (SELDIA).